Production Blog
The Flying Duchess

Latest animatic

Production bible

Create new post



Freya's Blog

Kieran's Blog

John's Films

Watch the film at - www.theflyingduchess.co.uk

Tuesday 9 February 2010

Misty concept painting


Perhaps I have mist on the brain at the moment. I'd really like to advocate the importance of a wide opening shot, perhaps framed a little like this, very early in the film. Perhaps panning from here to a zoom in on our bandit climbing the back of the train would be more effective than having the whole train flash by close up. I'd like to be free with what we do with the camera and really film it like a high budget film. I want to achieve some challenging 3d environments but more importantly I feel that some stomach churning camera angles and an atmospheric setting will add another dimension to the film. Hopefully I can be a bit more usefully specific when it comes to storyboarding...

No comments:

Post a Comment


All material is copyright. The Flying Duchess website and project design © 2010 John Harkins, Freya Hotson, Kieran Baxter - please add target="_blank" to links.